5 Best Ab Exercises For Women Without Equipment
Over a period of time, most of our tummies start getting, well… a little softer than we’d like. And because not all of us have time to go to the gym regularly, it’s important to have a few ab exercises that you can do at home, without equipment. Of course, if your aim is to get swimsuit ready then you’ll obviously need to dial in your diet as well, but here are five of the best ab exercises for a flat tummy. Also, if you’re dead-set on getting an amazing midsection, checkout my review of 0-6 Pack Abs by Tyler Bramlett.
Bicycle Crunch Exercise
This is the most popular and best ranked ab exercise for all abdominal muscles. This is the because of the fact that it stimulates more muscles than any other exercise.
How to do bicycle crunches:
- Lie flat on the floor with the lower back pressed to the ground.
- Place your hands slightly behind the head. This is to ensure the head is well supported.
- Bring your left knee up in a 45-degree angle and gently go through a bicycle pedal motion. At this point touch the right elbow to the right knee. Never pull on your neck.
- Breathe continuously and in an even manner throughout the exercise.
- Do as many tries as you can properly handle. Repeat severally.
How to do T-stabilization exercise:
- Keep your head straight while the rest of the body remains rigid.
- Shift your weight onto the left arm and rotate your trunk up and on the right direction until you are facing sideways.
- After pausing for about 3 seconds, lower your back down to the original point.
- Rotate to the left side. Continue rotating back and forth till you reach your peak.
The are two main types of planks: Elbow/Knee Planks & Basic Planks.
How to do elbow/knee planks:
- Elbows and knees are placed tightly on the floor/ mat. Ensure weight is evenly distributed between the supporting points. Also, hold the abdominal muscles to support the lower back.
- Look directly at your clasped hands. Do not drop your head forward.
- Build up and hold this static position for a minimum of 30 seconds. Repeat severally.
How to do basic planks:
- Hold your hips in the air with your core. Rest your weight on the fore arms and keep the legs off the ground. Alternatively, put the knees against the ground instead of the toes.
- Hold until your hips start to cave (until your form starts to deteriorate). Time your intervals and repeat.
Ab flutter kicks help in improving lower middle strength. The method is crucial. It helps in training our bodies to control one leg at a time, a technique used in soccer and swimming.
How to do flutter kicks:
- Lay flat on your back. Place your arms by the sides while palms face down.
- Extend your legs with slight bents in the knees.
- Lift heels about 6 inches off the ground.
- Make little rapid up scissor-like movements with your legs. Repeat this several times.
Alternating Leg Lifts
How to do alternating leg lifts:
- Lying on your back, slowly lift one leg.
- Slowly lower the leg until it almost comes into contact with the floor. Maintain the leg in that static position for some seconds.
- Lower the leg and repeat the motion with the other leg. You can repeat this alternatively as long as you can withstand the repetitions. Carry on for the number of sets you can withstand.
So there you have it! Those five ab exercises are effective and you can do them without any equipment. As mentioned already though, when it comes to developing your midsection and being able to see all of the hard work you’ve done, your diet has to be on point as well.